With the life I lead now, it is rare that I go to the movies anymore (for movies I actually want to see ; ) ). So, I rely on renting, downloading movies usually way after they have been out there for the public to see!
I recently watched No Country for Old Men:
No Country for Old Men:For this movie, one has to look beyond the violence. This movie is filled with two major themes and a lot of symbolism. Theme 1 greed and evil have filled the world forever and will continue to do so: "There are no clean getaways."
Theme 2: The world is really no country for old men...when it is time to get out, change your direction in life, you will know and you will have to make a choice....The Sheriff knew this......and struggled with it during the film.....his best line of the movie...the last line "and then I woke up."
This is a movie that won't please some people who want all the questions answered and want it tied up "nicely" in the end. This is a movie one may have to watch more than once to understand the themes...especially the last one...and also to notice all the symbolism. GOOD MOVIE!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment