The above is a quote from a friend's recent email, informing me of the death of someone we knew---around our same age.
Life is way too short...I really think that people don't take this statement seriously enough, I really do. I know that maybe I focus a bit on this at times. However, I think this mainly stems from working with teenagers (who think they have forever and trying to have them focus on the now and their impending futures) and for having a few people I was close to taken too soon (a sister, a younger cousin, a very close friend). ...Is being stubborn, being proud, holding on to bitterness and grudges, or taking unnecessary risks really worth it? Is it worth losing someone you love or something you cherish?
I don't wholly subscribe to the "time heals all things" school of thought. I do in a way, but then that pesky thought of "life is too short to hold grudges etc." nudges into the give time for healing thoughts. A friend and I recently had this conversation at work because of some family issues she had going on..........it's a tough call and it all comes down to the individual and the way they see fit to deal with things..........
Life is way too short my friends, please do cherish every moment................
"It's a beautiful day...don't let it get away...." U2
No comments:
Post a Comment