
It's A Wonderful Life. I fell in love with this movie in high school. I've also taken a lot of good natured ribbing because I love this movie so much. That's ok. I do watch this more than once during the Christmas season, especially on Christmas Eve.
Why do I love this movie so much? I do love the actors, especially Jimmy Stewart and Donna Reed. They played their roles so well. I also love Barrymore in the role of Mr. Potter. However, it is the story of George Bailey that has endeared me to this movie. He sacrifices so much for everyone, not seeing the good that he has done and forever clings to his dreams of making it big outside of Bedford Falls.
"One man's life touches so many others, when he's not there it leaves an awfully big hole." (Clarence the Angel). So true. If only we all would realize that.
This is a good site that summarizes and critiques the movie.
No comments:
Post a Comment