Why this title for my new blog? The title is from one of my all time favorite CDs Sarah McLachlan's Surfacing. Every song on that CD struck a cord with me. I also love her quote on the making of the CD: "Surfacing is about me finally growing up and facing ugly things about myself. We all have a dark side; it's bullshit to say that we don't. At some point we're going to have to face that." From: http://www.sarahmclachlan.com/album.jsp?album_id=1
Surfacing. Admitting your weaknesses and then embracing them for they are part of who you are. Surfacing. Someone who has climbed a great ridge in life and has made it to the summit. Surfacing. Finally catching your breath after a prolonged spell of crying has left you hyperventilating. Surfacing. Letting go and moving on when you know the love you seek is not where you thought it would be. Surfacing. Seeing beyond the obvious.
People only really see the surface of each other--what we all want them to see and allow them to see. I am no different. A lot of people would probably be surprised to know that beyond my joking around, loving sports and science, and being a so-called extrovert, I have an introverted artistic and sensitive side. I don't often allow that side to flourish or allow that side to have its ideas come to fruition. Perhaps through this blog I can allow my inner introvert to surface.
No comments:
Post a Comment